I'm on vacation! From work. I'm not in Maui or anything. But who cares?! I got my hair cut and colored yesterday, sat in front of a fire in our fireplace while it snowed and ate a piece of chocolate cheesecake and drank a glass of red wine, slept in this morning and had nice long phone conversations with both of my sisters!
I know it's not New Year's yet, but I have been working on a new resolution to kind of test it out. I'm trying really hard to not automatically complain about being busy. (If I write it here maybe I'll be more accountable). It seems like such an autopilot response to answer "How are you" with "SO busy!" And it's such a downer. Plus, everyone thinks they are busy so no one really wants to hear about it. I will surely fail miserably, but it seems like something I should try to re-focus on others instead of myself. And make me take time for important things. It also seems that I enjoy these down times better BECAUSE of busyness.
Today we are having our little family Christmas celebration. Anna insists that take-out Chinese does NOT qualify as Christmas dinner - but it fits her qualifications that Christmas dinner must be something we don't have often and something everyone likes! We'll see. Jeff wants us to have a home cooked meal. My vote is for something more relaxing than that. It is snowing like CRAZY out there so I think we're including a family walk in the evening festivities. Someone remind me to post pictures - I'm really going to try and take some. Maybe I just need people reminding me to document my family activities - maybe that will help me not forget? Maybe it will always be my struggle.
We are about to begin cookie baking, so I am signing off. I might not post again before the New Year, so I wish you a Merry, Merry Christmas and a not-too-busy New Year:)
No comments:
Post a Comment