Friday, March 28, 2014

3 Houses Walk Into a Bar....

.... A historic Victorian, stylish Cape Cod, and a rented townhouse.

The historic Victorian says, "I have my original windows from 1879, am in need of new carpeting on my second floor, and someone decided to put a few layers of painted wallpaper on my first floor. I ooze charm and have a great deck and backyard and am perfectly located off of Main Street. I will also need a new washer and dryer, paint and light fixtures, but I seem like a deal. You could be madly, deeply in love with me or end up hating my guts."

The stylish Cape Cod says, "I'm adorable. You would not have to paint one wall, change one light fixture or door handle. I have a great layout and I am charming as well as completely updated. I'm right in the park and you can still walk up to town. Though I am modest, thanks to the East Coast real estate market I am tantalizingly just out of your price range: you would love me but I would ruin you."

The rented townhouse says, "I'm nice and comfy and perfectly located. You know you could live with me and you are not responsible for any major repair costs. Moving costs money and is a pain in the neck and I wouldn't make you go through that again. No, you can't paint or change light fixtures but you don't have to pay for any of that either.  And besides, how did that Syracuse house thing work out for you? Are you really staying here long enough to invest in real estate again? Of course, you could look into buying me but that's a whole other conversation. You might never love me with all your heart but I am safe."

So which one do I pick up?

If you saw the sticker prices on these hotties, then you would think this was a joke.  Except my sister Kristy, who would cry because DC real estate is even more ludicrous. 

2 comments:

The MessyBlessyMomma said...

We get it. RENT. Period. Do you know about the exit tax in NJ?????

Tiffany said...

Actually, your opinion means a lot since you know first hand and nooooo - what is the exit tax?