Friday, June 6, 2014

May: Finding Spring

A truly beautiful month. I lost count of how many perfect weather days there were.  I forgot what "real" spring is like.

 May 3. The month started out with a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Rozelle.  They came to see one of Molly's Madrigal's concerts.  And we had a great visit.  On the bridge spanning the Delaware between Lambertville, NJ and New Hope, PA.

 May 4. Living in such a great place, you do the touristy stuff over and over when you have visitors.  Molly, Independence Hall, and me Selfie.


 A South Philly tourist attraction, Chickie's & Pete's.  That's a cream soda for Anna, just in case you wondered.


The Dogwoods were in bloom during their visit, and charmed Grandpa completely.  And me too.


May 10. Mudderella.  You cannot imagine the amount of mud. And fun. I thought maybe I would die but it turned out I'm stronger than I thought.  And that goes for more than the race.


May 11. My family utterly and completely spoiled me on Mother's Day.  They made me breakfast, and my girls each gave me the most moving cards and gifts.  Molly gave me a purple (domestic violence awareness color!) armband so I don't crack my iPhone anymore when I drop it while running, and Anna gave me a sign she instructed was for my office. It says "My Mom is my bff" and all of my coworkers are insanely jealous.
And we had lunch at one of my favorite places in Philadelphia - Reading Terminal Market! Look at those grilled cheese sandwiches made on fresh bread and fresh homemade cheese - mmmmm!


 Then they humored me and went to the Azalea garden in Fairmount Park, because I knew the azaleas were in bloom and it was a perfect day. I was not disappointed.


May 18. Our first visit to Citizens Park to watch a Philles/Reds game. Great park, great day, can't say it was such a great game, for the Reds anyway. Jeff is a diehard Reds fan, but as you can see, the daughter next to him switched to supporting the Phillies.

The new Phillies Phanatic fell asleep on the way home. 


May 25. On Memorial Day weekend, we headed down to DC to hang out with my sister Kristy and her family.  I had to take a picture of my niece's Sunday school project. Really, who wouldn't want to be a bumblebee when they grow up?


 One of my favorite parts of the weekend was going to Georgetown.  There are some fabulous little corners of cities in the world, and Georgetown is one of them.


 Anna and Jovie thoroughly enjoyed the fountains. Although Jovie's lips turned blue.  Anna's lips are unable to turn blue, I think.


No, we did not visit Georgetown Cupcake as it had lines around the block. Kristy promised that Baked & Wired would not disappoint. While I couldn't imagine how 3 dollar cupcakes could be worth it.....



As you can see, they are.


May 31. After all the things we had to do on Saturday, in the afternoon, we went to the zoo to check out the new exhibit.  Catwalks for the cats.  They are RIGHT above your head! It's pretty amazing.  The cats really seem to like it too. It makes me feel better about those big beautiful animals being confined in enclosures, even though the Philadelphia zoo has GREAT spaces for the animals.


And, we are in our condo for at least another year.  Which we've decided is not a bad thing at all. The patio really helps me feel that way.  I am kind of in love with our patio.  And May again, a month I haven't loved for 8 years. 





No comments: