This summer, I am working part time (a gift of this moment). After a busy week of graduation prep and festivities, out of town family visiting, and sending Molly off to Nicaragua, I took a day off to spend an afternoon with a friend and her kids to lunch courtesy of Panera gift cards (hers a gift from her mom, mine a thank you for being a room mom, lacking room mom that I was but that's fodder for a different post). 3 energetic elementary schoolers have a short span of enduring sitting at a table while their mothers catch up, so we moved the afternoon to a nearby park. Rain threatened in the forecast and the sky, but these friends share our taste for adventure and we decided to see what happened.
What happened was that she and I sat on the tailgate of my Subaru, watching the clouds roll and darken, feeling the cooling of the breeze, smelling the air change to rain. We delighted in watching our children delighting in playing in the shower moving in. The magic of a summer rainstorm, complete with laughing, soaking children happened.


No comments:
Post a Comment