I only have mental pictures of them taking a canoe out by themselves and Jeff's colleague's 12 year old daughter today on Skaneateles Lake. They were so independent - dragging the canoe in the water, hopping in, and paddling down the shoreline and back. The water was far too cold for swimming, though they made a brave effort. Especially Anna. And we almost didn't go.
Note to self: this is how perfect summer weekends should be spent. No matter how crazy things are at work, how dirty the house is, how much the deck needs to be painted. Because next time I turn around I won't have a first grader who "accidentally falls in," and Molly really will be a college student and not just a wishful visitor (She begged us to go to Cornell's bookstore to buy a shirt for her, several times verbalizing her desire to attend there. Thank you, Expanding Your Horizons Program. And thank you God, in advance, for that nice full scholarship she will win).
1 comment:
Thank you for the reminder. Do you know we never made it to the beach last summer as a family? How messed up is that? Tonight I will be up late reviewing our calendar for birthday parties and beach getaways. We gotta live!
Post a Comment