Monday, August 13, 2012

Heavenly Heating Pad

A month ago, we had a car wreck on the way home from Myrtle Beach. No one was hurt, except that I had a really, really, painfully stiff neck for awhile.  It did not set in immediately.  I totally felt like that guy in the Brady Bunch - you know, when Mike dropped the brief case in the courtroom to prove the guy was a phony.Only it really wasn't phony.

I digress. 

We spent the weekend at some friends' lake house, and they have a tube that is not the typical donut-shaped variety that you hang on for dear life with your arms and wake up the next day with rock-hard pecs and 4 inch tube burns on your arm.  Theirs is like a couch and fits 3-4 kids at a time.  They sit on it and get whipped all around the lake behind the boat. 

Little Anna woke up on Sunday morning with a really, really, painfully stiff neck.  I felt her pain.  And heard a lot about it.  Lots and lots.  Wee wee wee all the way home. We gave her Tylenol, and tried to make her comfy.  We set her up with a heating pad. 

This morning she begged for a little time with the heating pad before we left for the day. I remember how much relief that heating pad brings.  Like nothing else.  I lived 4 days with it around my neck as much as possible.  I slept with it.  I commented to her that it was almost like a miracle.

She replied, "Yeah. It's like the spirit of Jesus lives in that thing."


2 comments:

Amanda said...

My thanks to Anna for a belly-laugh before bedtime. :)

Kristy said...

Hahaha! I've been missing your blog, but this was a hilarious treat to read.