"Go Bee Sun? What's that?" I asked
She belly-laughed "I don't know! Sun, Sun, Mr. Go-Bee Sun!"
"Where did you learn that song?"
"Preschool!"
"Were you learning about the Gobi desert?" I asked. How nice, I thought vaguely. Wonder why they're learning about that? And continued making up the bed.
Molly came in at this point with a look on her face that was like, "If they give this lady a diploma, I will shoot myself" and said very politely, "Um, could it be Mr. Golden Sun?"
"That's it Molly!"Anna exclaimed. "Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun..."
Apparently I have such low levels of mental energy these days that I do not question the crazy things my preschooler says.
At least when she was playing tug with Biscuit and commenting, "He's as strong as Salmon! Not the fish kind," I figured out she was referring to Samson.
The tally is ultimately in Anna's favor for pulling one over on me grocery shopping today. As I was putting things on the belt (in speedy 'don't you dare stop and have that cash in hand' Aldi fashion), I was surprised to see a big bag of generic Cheetos up there. I looked at Anna with the bag in my hand and said "What are these?" She put her hands over her mouth and started giggling uncontrollably, "I snuck those in there! Ha ha ha ha ha !" I couldn't possibly be mad. And I bought the knock-off Cheetos.
Told ya - razor sharp mothering skills.
1 comment:
Oh you made me laugh. Thank you so much for that. It was me yesterday. Cecily kept saying "Im Un" again and again. I stopped the car, turned off the music and said in a very patient (yea right) manner WHAT? Simone sheepishly said "Mom, she's done". YIKES! Thanks for continually letting me know I am not alone!
Post a Comment