The sun is shining and I am free from class work. I don't want to wash the floors or clean the kitchen. I want to lie on the deck in a lounge chair (that I don't own) and finish The Lovely Bones.
I have house guests this weekend, though, and a house that was neglected at the end of the semester. My arriving guests are cause for much anticipation. You see, though I am not going to Uganda with my friend Cathy this summer, a bit of Uganda is coming to me. Cathy is in charge of finding housing for a children's choir coming through the area this weekend, and asked if I would like to host 4 girls and their "Auntie." I told Jeff that all I wanted for Mother's Day was for him to help me work it out so we could take this opportunity.
So 4 African school girls and chaperone are gracing our home with their presence. The sun might even stick around for awhile. Anna is thrilled at the thought of having 4 new friends for a few days. Anna's specialty is new friends, no matter what nationality.
Gotta go wash some floors and bathrooms. That's ok. When I'm finished for the evening I can take my book and a glass of wine on the deck. I can read every night, all summer, whatever I want to.
The person who wakes me up might just get an involuntary slap across the face....
2 comments:
So exciting! Happy Mother's Day! :)
you deserve a rest! i pray your weekend was filled with unbridled joy. <3
Post a Comment