Monday, May 2, 2011

Big Plans

At breakfast, after Anna asked for a drink of water, and after I poured her some from the filtering pitcher, she asked me if I thought it was cool when refrigerators came with water spouts on the door.  I said yes.  "Wouldn't it be cool if we could have that?" I said those refrigerators were expensive.

"Well, maybe I'll be an actress when I grow up.  A good one.  If I am a good actress when I grow up, I can make a lot of money.  Then I can buy one of those refrigerators with a water spout on the door."

I was a bit dismayed to hear my six year old talking about choosing a career path based on the large amounts of money she will make.  An actress no less.

On the other hand, it is kind of sweet that she thinks a refrigerator with a water/ice dispenser on the door is high living.

No comments: