So many of my friends are welcoming new additions to their families. My "newest" addition is 6. She doesn't say nearly as many adorable and hilarious things as she did when this blog first began. I miss that.
She must have sensed I was feeling a bit sentimental today, because she said some really cute things that reminded me that she, for now, is still "little."
We were having a discussion this morning about borrowing wings from a fairy and how cool that would be to just try them out. Anna decided that we probably cannot borrow fairy wings because we would most likely not want to return them after we found out what it was like to fly. She's right. She also completely forget to remember that we are not supposed to believe in fairies, and anyway - how would we get to be that tiny to use them?
She came downstairs dressed for school in our turquoise church Missions Team T-shirt, a brown corduroy skirt, white knee socks, and the cross necklace she made this Good Friday. She announced, "I'm just kinda feelin' like I really love Jesus today."
We had severe weather in CNY this evening. Nearly ping-pong ball size hail, flash flood conditions that shut down 81, gusting winds, and even the rare tornado warning near Oneida Lake. (It's flat up there). For this reason, Jeff broke the rules about not having the news on TV when the kids are up. There was, of course, terrible weather all over the U.S. today, and Anna's ears perked at the word "Cincinnati."
"Mom!" she cried. "There might be a tornado by my friend Owen! You MUST call Miss Amanda and see if they are ok!" I said they probably were. Very seriously, she looked into my eyes and said gravely, "I understand if you can't call, but I would really like it if you would." I called. Got the voice mail. Miss Amanda & Co. - could you give us a shout out and let us know if you are ok? :)
That last story, of course, shows that growing up is a nice thing too. She has lost that totally self-centered worldview of really little ones and is learning empathy and concern for others. She still begged not to take a bath tonight, but is luxuriating in the lavender bubbles as I type this, singing "Tomorrow" at the top of her lungs. She won't come out until I mention the prospect of a sundae. Still my baby for awhile longer.
2 comments:
Love her.
We missed the call because we were outside playing! Thanks for your concern, Anna! We love you!
Post a Comment