Thursday, April 21, 2011

Monuments at Night

After dinner Monday, we headed out to look at some of the monuments at night. This was taken from the Belltower and Iwo Jima memorial near Arlington.  We were up there for this amazing tulip display and the great views of the city.
Iwo Jima memorial.  I think the monuments look great at night.
Molly wanted one from the Lincoln Memorial (which Anna proclaimed looks like a buttercream cake at night) looking over the reflecting pool and Washington monument.  Note: the reflecting pool is being drained and has huge pieces of equipment in it for awhile, in case you were thinking of going to DC.  Go at night - the equipment doesn't show in the pictures. I think Kristy might have taken this from the spot Martin Luther King Jr. gave his "I Have a Dream" speech - Anna was pretty enthralled with that.  Maybe the kindergarten teacher did a much better job with Martin Luther King Day than I thought.
Possibly the ugliest memorial in all of DC is the Albert Einstein memorial.  But we got a picture for Daddy anyway, with the girls attempting to look like geniuses:)

No comments: