Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sister Trifecta

My sister Kelly called this afternoon wanting opinions about new dinnerware. We ended up "shopping" for at least 2 hours, via phone and the same websites. We didn't burn as many calories as we would've in person, but I had coffee and a great time. It really was so fun, and just what I needed. I blew off a paper I should've written, but it was SO nice and a reminder that she is never far away if we get creative. You should see the amazing job she did remodeling her kitchen, by the way. She deserves fabulous new dishes!

My sister Kristy the past day or two has been pursuing planning a trip to come visit us in .... February. God bless her and Mike. They will most likely be our only winter out-of-town company. I am SO excited about having winter guests - lighting fires in the fireplace, hot chocolate after skiing, big breakfasts in the morning - yay! They are super fun guests and it will be a pick-me-up I'm sure we'll need mid-winter.

My sisters and I have a deep connection. A group of sisters is a ready-made posse. We always have each other. We can fight and see the worst in each other and still fight for one another and appreciate the best in each other. And they are SO funny (perhaps I think this because they share my sense of humor.) They can ALWAYS make me laugh.

Kelly can make anything. She is the most capable person alive. Once I was painstakingly practicing calligraphy and Kelly breezed in saying, "Oh, I've always wanted to learn how to do that!" She sat next to me and immediately started producing letters that looked exactly like the ones in the book. That sums up Kelly's craftiness in comparison with mine. And seriously, you should see her kitchen.

Kristy can charm the skin off a snake. Not because she is snake-like: her straightforward honesty and enthusiasm is what disarms you. She is a force of nature, and by so much she does makes the world a better place. When Kristy believes in something, get on the train or get out of the way because trust me, mountains will move.

Kristy and Kelly can cut well with scissors. I cannot. They scrapbook, I knit. The other day one of their mutual friends friended me on facebook with something like "I like your sisters and thought I'd probably like you too." I warned her that this may not be the case. But I'll ride their coattails. Or being the oldest, maybe I paved the way for their greatness? Anyway, I love being part of this trio. It's amazing how much a part of the very fabric of my being they are.

When I discovered my second child was going to be a girl, I realized how glad I was that Molly would have a sister. You're never alone when you have a sister. Two is better. I need another daughter!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Wow... I so don't deserve that, but I really appreciate it! Love you a bunch. And you're not riding the coattails- you are amazing.

P.S. Who was the mutual friend that friended you?