Monday, November 2, 2009

What Are We Saving?

So, when did we get to vote on this Daylight Savings Time business, 'cause I missed it.  I surely would have not only voted no, I would have actively campaigned against it.  

I HATE DST!  Especially when I live North, and in an easternmost state in the Eastern time zone.  My kids are going to be practically coming home from school in the dark in December.  It was pitch black at 5:30 PM  today.  That severely shortens the day, and stunts after-school activity potential.  I don't care if it's light at 6:30 AM.  That only wakes Anna and the dog up earlier, which is not enjoyable for me.  At some point, it's dark again at 6:30 AM anyway, and so who cares if for one month it's light at that time?  But tell me, who likes it dark at 4:30 in the afternoon?  (Afternoon being the key word, not night).  I do not live in Norway or Finland or Alaska.  Close, but no cigar.  

What if I just rebel and stay on regular time?   Or maybe I could just hibernate - it's going to be cold and dark all the time anyway, and from what I hear it will snow a nice den around my house.  I'll just start eating a bunch now (shouldn't be a problem with all the Halloween candy around) and stop running (wait, I all ready did that...) 

So I'll see you at Easter?  Or maybe I should at least wait until after Thanksgiving to begin, so I can last a little longer during hibernation? 

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm with you! I hate this (especially being in an easternmost state)!

Tiffany said...

Actually, I stand corrected. Daylight savings time is ENDING.