Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just What I Pictured

We have been a little frustrated with home repairs lately.  It was completely our decision to buy a not-new home.  But since Thanksgiving we've been nickled and dimed by a leaky faucet, curtain rods pulled out of the wall, a broken chain that closes the fireplace floo, etc.  

This morning, when I looked into the backyard I saw what I envisioned last spring when we were house hunting, when there was neither snow or green - only mud:
I bet on this vision, and I won. This is my reward when I'm doing dishes or standing looking out with my cup of coffee in the morning. It will never get yucked up by road slush like the front yard.  (And now you can see the playhouse since there are no leaves on the trees.)
And as always, the first snowman of the year deserves his picture taken.  Good thing we did, because he fell over already.  Oh well, we'll build a replacement soon, as the forecast calls for snow every one of the next ten days.  

And I'm ready for it, in "my" house.  It has been as I pictured it in summer, fall, and winter: the perfect place for our family.  It may need fixing here and there, but we were destined for one another, this house and I.

2 comments:

The MessyBlessyMomma said...

That isn't a playhouse. Its disneyland for kids!

And if it makes you feel any better, we have a 10K renovation starting on our "new" house ;( Darn leaks!

Kristy said...

So great!