During dinner last night, Jeff gave Anna a funny look and said, "Anna, smile at me." She did, and to all of our surprise, a little bloody hole appeared on her bottom row of teeth.
"You lost a tooth!" We all exclaimed.
"I did?" she probed the spot with her tongue. "Oh, yeah, I did."
"When did it happen?" Jeff asked.
"I don't know." Anna shrugged.
We calculated that it had to have been during dinner.
"Where is it?" we asked.
She shrugged. "I don't know. In my tummy I guess."
"Was it loose?" Jeff was totally perplexed. Molly has always made a huge deal about loose teeth, and keeps us informed on every detail of progress about each one.
"It kind of hurt yesterday." she shrugged again.
What a switch. The drama queen is not being the least bit dramatic about this childhood rite of passage. She did ask where her money was this morning. I informed her that since there was not an actual tooth, we should probably write a note and stick it under her pillow. Anna grabbed a pen and said she would write it. Next thing I know, there are red pen swirls on the computer mouse pad, and a long red streak down the side of her face. This is more true to Anna form.
No comments:
Post a Comment