I dutifully viewed all contents of the envelope, and was pleased that there was indeed a handwritten note included with the form stuff. My eye caught one of the forms giving a peek into a typical day in the life of Ms. Author.
Um, I totally want to be an author. I have always suspected life as a (successful) author is wonderful, and it was confirmed:
1. Wake up and look out window at beautiful view of lake.
2. Make cup of tea
3. Shower
4. Write for 5 hours
5. Go kayaking or other fun outdoor activity
6. Lovely dinner overlooking lake
7. Write some more
That is like living in a dream world. Minor problem: people have to want to read what you write. And pay money for it. Last time I checked I had seven followers for this blog. Not exactly best seller numbers. And this is free.
Confession: I have a HUGE paper due Sunday and I am supposed to be working on it. You see, I do not want to write for 5 hours about the economy of a foreign country. Economics is not my thing. I spent like 20 minutes trying to understand the Gini index/coefficient. I kind of get stuck writing about all academic stuff these days. I get A's on my papers - maybe I'm headed in the right direction? This paper I am working on now, though, could be a dud. Who can tell me the poverty gap and severity indices for Brazil at a dollar a day per capita? Seriously. I can't find it in English and I don't speak Portugese.
Jeff tells me there's a market in Christian literature for preteens. Have you read that stuff? Gag - uninspiring - I believe him. Christian preteen fiction needs a J.K. Rowling. (That's not who wrote to Moll, btw). What do you think - would nice Christian parents buy something for their kids that encourages them to stand in front of a bulldozer ready to mow down trees in order to build yet another tacky strip mall? Oh wait! Wasn't that a Wonder Years episode? It would have been interesting to see how I worked a Christian part in, huh?
So maybe I am not ready to unleash my writing talent or lack thereof on the world. Who would watch my little kid while I wrote for 5 hours anyway? I couldn't even steal away to work on my paper today with both kids home.
Guess this blog is all I've got. Thank you, 7 followers, for entertaining my dreams :)
1 comment:
i think you're a great writer! i would follow your blog, if i knew how... you're always so smart and funny - not to mention subtly imparting parting wisdom onto the rest of us. thank you! :D c.
Post a Comment