Anna announced last night at dinner that she is giving up ice cream for Lent. I wondered if this came from the fact that she overheard Aunt Kristy talking about giving up ice cream for Lent, because she goes to a Catholic preschool and they have been talking about Lent, or a blending of the two. Molly insisted that Anna had no idea what Lent is about.
I give Anna far more credit and promptly stuck up for her. I urged her to tell us why she gave something up for Lent. She replied,"Because I want to be healthy."
Maybe Molly was right. Jeff and I talked with her about remembering Jesus' sacrifice. I shared with her what I gave up, and told her we could help each other.
This morning when she came downstairs she pointed her finger at me and ordered, "Drink orange juice, Mama! Not beer or wine!"
I cross my heart that I never drink beer or wine at 7 am. Or often enough for my child to automatically assume that's what's in my coffee mug. Or ever in a coffee mug. (It's bad enough that you can ALWAYS assume there is COFFEE in my mug anytime before noon). But then again, I have never hit a pedestrian with my vehicle, yet when I am behind the wheel and Anna sees a person crossing two blocks in front of us she shouts,"Mom! Mom! Don't hit them!"
I wonder what other ideas Anna has about me that paint me in a very unfavorable light? There are certainly enough unpleasant enough things I really do. Inventing things is unnecessary. There is enough in the arsenal as it is without portraying me as an alcoholic or one who perpetually commits vehicular manslaughter.
2 comments:
Fantastic. Just really, really hilariously wonderful. Thanks! :)
That is funny! Let me remind you of the time I fell asleep with my hair wet and curly. When I woke up and rolled over to face Isaac, he said my hair looked like a scary forest. Nice.
Post a Comment