Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring is in the Air

We had to make an impromptu trip to the Midwest for Jeff's grandma's 
funeral. While it was sad,it was nice to get an unexpected opportunity 
to visit with loved ones. While we were gone, the snow event of the
season happened.

What in the world is Jeff doing?  Raking the roof with a snow rake.  When all that heavy snow melts, it can cause water to come in.  At least the snow piles alleviate the need for a ladder. You'll have to ask Jeff why he thought that this was a good idea to do without snowpants.
"Please, Please can I play too?"  Jeff said Biscuit could not come out to play  - the snow was still too soft and WAY over Biscuit's head.  He thought Biscuit might "drown" while the girls were absorbed in play.  
Molly attempting snowman construction.  She was inconsolable about missing the only two snow days of the year.  Even though she still missed school, it's not the same as waking up to find out you can go back to sleep, and chatting with all your friends about it.  
I found this picture to be somewhat artistic:)  It captures Biscuit's angst juxtaposed with Anna's carefree play. Just kidding.  Poor Biscuit.  I let him play at night when Jeff was getting ready for bed, and the snow had crusted over enough that he could (mostly) walk on top of it.  I kind of understand Jeff's point - if the girl's weren't watching, which was likely, he could have gotten stuck.  

Oddly enough, it is feeling a little more like spring, despite a few feet of snow.  The birds are singing every morning.  It gets light earlier and gets dark later.  More sunlight translates to temperatures getting warmer during the day, so you really don't have to bundle up so much.  The air has that fresher quality to it.  Though Syracuse by the law of averages could still get another 30 inches of snow this season, I hear a robin chirping outside, and for some reason, feel a sense of hope and renewal that comes with spring.


1 comment:

Tashmica said...

Mountains of snow are melting today and I only wore a fleece! I have even heard rumors of tulips pushing through the snow:)
Ha! Old man winter, take that!