Everything is turning green - dare I hold my breath? I don't think I saw a single piece of snirt yesterday. I keep checking the progress of the tulips I planted in the fall, peeping through the dirt, and am cheering on the daffodil stems that popped up around the tree in the front yard. I hope that the nighttime temps that threaten to dip into the low 20's will not damage any brave buds on flowering bushes.
I picked up a few seed packets this week too, and will attempt to start them indoors. I planted them directly into the ground in Michigan because I had the space to absorb duds, but now I have to be selective. Even if the beans don't work well, I think I can coax 69 cents worth out of them. That's one packet of frozen beans at Aldi. I cannot bear to pay for zucchini at a store since I've learned that just a few good seeds will have one trying to give random strangers the bounty. And I get giddy thinking about a successful "cutting garden," because a few well-placed vases of fresh flowers cover a multitude of decorating sins.
This is a lot of hope resting on the $3.50 worth of seeds. But this is what I do in spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment