Friday, March 12, 2010

In the Middle

I am living in the tension between things.  

On one hand, I am glad Jeff and I have been painfully trying to stick to a budget because it's better for us.  I am grateful for everything we have.
On the other hand, I am tired of being bombarded with expenses and watching us fall short of our budget despite our best efforts.  

This place is beginning to feel like home, and I am falling in love with the area.  We are making connections and starting to belong.  Yet, I get tired of being the new person and all that goes with it.  I want to be at the place where I can just relax in social settings.

I am deeply pleased that life is going well, that I'm finding more pieces of the puzzle every day.  
At the same time, I am fighting feeling depressed because it feels as if I should have made more progress by now.  And it's harder to feel optimistic when the sun, which I have welcomed this past week, is not shining today and the world just looks dirty.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Totally relate. I'm constantly torn between all the stuff I have to get done each week and spending time with the kids and keeping things sane at home.

Move to Chicago! There's no sunshine here either, but you know you can relax in any social setting I'm a part of. :)

Tashmica said...

I hate to quote Annie, but the sun will come out tomorrow! bet your bottom dollar:)
I love you and you will get there. You will look back at this time and think that it seems so long ago. Then you'll meet another girl like you who just moved in and be her friend. These are the days of your life. Sorry, I couldn't help myself! Keep looking for the sun!