In review of my weekend, I have so many good things that happened, that I will put them in a list too, for any of you dear friends who humor me by reading what I write:
-Anna's Renshi told her that when he puts together an all-star team, she will be on it. He set her against a bigger boy in class to spar, and told the big boy to watch out, because she's tougher. He praised her quite a bit, making her day and mine. That evening I attended his Women's Protection Seminar. At one point, he looked at me and mentioned how great Anna was at what he was demonstrating at that moment. Yeah, don't mess with my Anna:)
-The sun and blue skies make walking the dog a treat instead of a chore this weekend. Anna and Molly voluntarily joined me.
-Molly had a blast at all-county weekend. They had to audition for chairs, and she got second chair violin. The concert was great. The kids were so professional, and sounded so terrific that we ordered a CD of the performance.
-We had dinner with new friends and completely enjoyed the evening. This gal's dad is from Sicily and let me tell you, we had some first-class Italian cooking. Out of this world chicken parmesan, pasta and amazing meatballs. The kids disappeared except for the meal and dessert, and had a blast playing.
-We grabbed lunch with another family we're becoming friends with, and then headed to Onondaga Lake park. The kids played on the playground, despite the snow still on the ground. We were definitely not the only ones with the idea. Sun and blue skies are not to be squandered in Northern places in March.
- I love my house. I think I have to throw that one in because it just looks so good when sun is streaming in the windows.
-I finished the paper due tonight. The other paper's deadline got moved until after spring break!
- A professor gave me feedback from a paper: she was impressed with my research and discussion, and that she thinks I am an excellent writer. Which, as you have probably figured out, is a high, high compliment to people like me and Mr. Putter:)
1 comment:
Sounds like a rousing success! :)
Post a Comment