Sometimes my posts are just to serve as a record of things I should remember. For reasons only I can fully understand, because only I know how comfortable my house smells, sounds, and looks to me, my feeling when I see this picture is a happy, contented sigh. This is a captured moment of a normal day in my life. My life, with no long list of accomplishments, successful career to boast, Nobel prizes or Olympic medals.

Somewhere deep in my soul, all along, this is a snapshot I have hoped would be included in the album of my life. The past few days I have caught myself in some very irritated and huffy moods. What exactly about my life would I trade, and how would that effect the balance of everything else? What I cherish - would it be there if I had followed a different path, or been given different gifts? My life might sport some wasted talent and dying dreams, but that sunlight is shining in my window. That's my living room where games are played and cozy fires sat in front of with family. Those sticky lollipop kisses - those are mine too.
2 comments:
thanks tiff.
keeping it in perspective, as usual. thanks for bringing me back :)
Post a Comment