I woke up this morning to a lovely day. Lovely not just because of the weather. But because I have this day to do with whatever I choose.
My kids are away with grandparents. My papers are all turned in, exams all taken. My dishes are all done, my laundry (mostly) caught up with, my garden (fairly) weeded), my house (pretty much) clean. I will run after I drink this cup of coffee, take a long and uninterrupted shower, and then....
I could rent a steam cleaner and deep clean my carpets or some other major project that would be much easier as the only person home. Maybe some other time.
I think I will grab some fiction off of my bookshelf that my husband has recommended. Maybe. But if the weather holds, I will drive down to Skaneateles. Maybe I will visit the Skaneateles library (still on our library system). Or I will visit my favorite coffee and bookshop there. I will spread a blanket out on the grass next to the lake. And I will sit next to that beautiful lake and read for hours.
If it looks like it is going to rain, I will run to Target and see if there are any reclining deck chairs and little tables on sale and I will buy them, put them on my deck, and sit out there and read until it rains.
I'm not sure I can still do something like this. I'm pretty sure I can, though.
Feel free to post the most delicious fiction recommendations you can. Or ideas for how you would spend a truly free day alone. Please do not post hateful, jealous things though. My oldest is almost 12, and that's about how long it's been since I have had a truly, absolutely, positively, completely "me" day.
3 comments:
I got nothing on the delicious fiction. I think your day sounds perfect. Kiss Skinny Atlas for me :)
Sounds so amazing!!! I hope you had a wonderful day. Sorry I couldn't chat when you called... :(
Love the "no jealous comments" disclaimer. :)
And, instead of recommending, I'm stealing your recommendation. :)
I hope your day was as lovely as you wanted it to be!
Post a Comment