Anna's had a bad cold the past few days, the first of the season. Pretty good considering this is her first year in the school and it's November. And that when you walk into the kindergarten classroom you're tempted to grab a Hazmat suit with all the coughing all over everything and wiping nose then something else going on.
Jeff and Molly are gone all day today, so I promised Anna that we could go to the mall. The mall is not my first choice of activities. She loves it. It's better when I can feel generous with the time she wants to spend dawdling, so I figured it would be better to go when we had all day.
3 am: "Mama! I'm hot!" Yes, very hot. "Can I get in bed with you guys?" Move over... "Mama I have a headache too." Go get thermometer. 101.6. Tylenol. "Mom, I'm thirsty!" Go get glass of water. "Mama, I'm hot!" Take off her pj shirt. "Mama, I'm cold!" put pj shirt back on. "Mom, where's Biscuit?" You know how it goes. She finally fell asleep an hour later. She is not a joy to have in bed with you. She keeps finding you and then elbowing you to move over. So at one point me, Jeff and her furnace self were all on one side of our bed. She talks in her sleep too.
She woke up with a 99.8 temp and said, "So, can I wear that striped blue shirt and skirt and grey tights to the mall today?"
I had to break the bad news. Tears. I've never felt so sad about not going to the mall. She said, "Why did I have to get sick on the WEEKEND! I LOVE the weekend!"
And so you reach a developmental milestone today, Anna love. Your first personal encounter with Murphy's Law.
1 comment:
Feel better Anna!
Post a Comment