Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Force Is With Me

It seems that Anna is making it through her school crisis. Please don't ask me what the difference is. I suspect everyone's prayers have something to do with it. It could have something to do with that Bible verse about God not giving you more than you can handle. Because she and I were both about not able to handle it.

No tears this week. None. No crazy working herself up. No negative teacher talk. She's actually acting like a regular kindergartner again.

My kids are pretty independent. They put their own food into their mouths, put their own clothes on their bodies, and buckle themselves into the car. Still, sometimes I swear there's an umbilical cord attached, because when they are having a crisis, my energy just gets sucked out of me. A mom never stops giving her strength and life force to her children, I guess.

For me: no more sense of impending doom (that's a remnant but favorite term from the Nursing School days). I can do laundry, cook, write papers, volunteer, and whatever else and not feel like I am going to burst. I actually feel productive. And not utterly in despair. And most importantly, I am enjoying motherhood again.

This will not be the last of the crises. But for now, the Force is strong with this one. Meaning me.

2 comments:

Carly said...

(smiling)... hoping the force stays with you for a long time.

Amanda said...

So glad this has passed! Whew! Big exhale.