Friday, November 21, 2008

Cold Weather, Warm Heart

     It's really cold for November.  Temps aren't getting out of the 20's today.  We have a family tradition of going to Silver Bells in the City, which is tonight.  It's a parade with lighted and decorated floats, and we've never missed.  
    Even though I face the prospect of standing out in the cold in the dark, I'm feeling so happy and blessed.  First of all, whenever we engage in our little family traditions, I am washed away with gratefulness for my wonderful husband and kids and the opportunity to be a family with them.  It makes me think of Molly's preemie beginnings and the days I wondered if we'd get to see her grow up, the days when we didn't think we'd have another baby, and the days when I was sitting on the couch day after day worrying when I was expecting Anna.  
     AND I received 2 phone calls this morning, one from my friend Jamie and the other from my friend Tashmica.  Each had a healthy baby boy last night, and they were so excited and eager to show off their sons.  New life has a way of bringing joy like no other.  I am SO looking forward to meeting these new little guys (who their mothers have assured me are very cute!)  I love babies, and I love my friends and am so proud of them and happy for them.  Even though I tell of my frustrations with my daughters frequently, I promise I love them and wouldn't know what to do without them:)
     What would the world be without children to warm our hearts?!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

So true Tiff! It's those little moments that make all the hard stuff worth it. Have fun tonight!

Kristy said...

Congratulations to Jamie and Tashmica!