I am irritated. I had BIG plans for my spring break. I was going to read lots of fiction. I was going to do lots of knitting. I was going to hang out with my girlfriends.
I do not have spring break from my children. Children who had increased activities and demands this week. My house was screaming for attention. And Spring isn't officially until this weekend.
I am also spoiled. Most people don't get Spring Break from anything. Had my children's activities and demands fallen on another week, it would've stretched me too thin. I had the opportunity to get some deeper cleaning done that I usually don't have time for. I did read one fiction novel, and made progress on Anna's sweater. And Michigan decided to bless us with some very unusually nice March weather (for Michigan in March). I even see my tulips trying to peek their heads up.
2 comments:
I know I am missing the point of this post with this comment, but I had to thank you for the title and the first line. Gave me a much needed laugh out loud this evening. Thanks!
I'm excited; I'm actually getting a spring break this year. As soon as Alex gets off the bus on Thursday afternoon, they'll be grandma's problem for the weekend while Scott and I spend ours downtown (although we cut our hotel reservation short one day so we could come home and veg alone in the house without kids). Then I have Alex M, T and part of Wed and drop him and Scott off at the airport; they're going to grandma's condo in Boca. So me and Jorie, spring break part 2. No boys weekend!
We're going to celebrate with a tupperware party. Yay!
Post a Comment