Friday, July 24, 2009

Rozelle Family in Myrtle Beach 2009

Jeff and I still don't have a camera - these are from Molly's camera.  We've been having a great time in Myrtle Beach, hanging out with Jeff's family.  A privilege that will be even more rare since we have moved farther away, and both Jeff's sister and her son get super car sick.
This is AJ, our nephew and the youngest family member.  Also the most active.  And the funniest.  Here he is enjoying the special treat his mom and dad bought the kids on their night of babysitting (We swapped babysitting with Kate and Aaron - just one benefit we're missing out on by living far away.)
Annie and Allie.  Sometimes they're best buds, sometimes not.  But they definitely love each other.  They spent lots of time playing in "their room" on the forbidden top bunk.
I snapped this one on a walk the night of our babysitting by the channel.  Allie adores Molly.  
View from the pier.  We had pretty great weather.  I got to enjoy some nice flat runs along the ocean.  We got to enjoy crazy waves, some good seafood, and some serious sun (It's amazing how much stronger the sun is in the south!)  
The whole family.  As we get ready to say goodbye it makes me sad that I don't get to spend more time with them, especially the kids (it takes half the week for them to warm up to Jeff and I).  I'm anxious to get back home and get back to settling into our new place, but I'm painfully aware of how much harder it will be to live twice as far away from them as we've been.  Not looking forward to getting in the car for yet another long car ride.  At least we get to stop in DC for a quick visit with Mike, Kristy, and of course, Howie Dog.  

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i think beach life becomes you.