Friday, September 18, 2009

Burden Lifted

Today is Anna's first full afternoon of preschool. She's had two one hour stints the two previous days, one of which I was required to be at.

I actually physically feel less burdened this morning. Is that terrible? I don't think so. I have been completely overwhelmed with being in school full time and not having any childcare. There just have not been enough hours in a day to do everything I need to get done, and it's like someone just gave me a study hall:)

The fact is, I do better in this situation. I can be more engaged with her in the morning and put school work from my mind, rather than try to be involved with her during the whole day, and sneaking in school work here and there. That ends up leaving me frustrated with both responsibilities and more exhausted.

In all honesty, I am a better part-time-stay-at-home-mom anyway. I am not an innately organized individual. Having my time allocated for me gives me more focus for each task, and I feel less frazzled at the end of the day. In other words, I am terrible at pretending to be Sharpay or Mrs. Teaberry or the character of the hour for all of Anna's waking hours.

My Anna is a joy to have around (most of the time), but I will be smiling widely when I drop her off into the loving, capable hands of her preschool teachers. If only I could justify doggy daycare.

No comments: