Who do you think I'm talking about? :)
Every year, our church does a summer themed family night in March or so. The heat is turned up, everyone is supposed to wear summer clothes, everything is decorated with palm trees and other tropical themes, there's a smoothie bar and picnic food. Tonight was that night.
Anna was ready. Anna is always ready for the next party. Today she was walking around with her back arched at a crazy angle saying "Look, Mom, look at me. Aren't I low? I'm practicing the limbo." She came downstairs with a lei and flip flops, bright flowered shorts and a flower in her hair.
As soon as we got there, she shed her coat and found some friends. She headed into the auditorium-turned-party-room hips swinging, hands clapping, and woo-hooing. She danced. She hula-hooped. She played beach ball volleyball. She won the limbo.
When it was all over, I do have to say she worked as hard as anyone else putting everything back together. Like a little worker bee, she put chairs and hymnals in their places. The trustees were ready to sign her up. And she hugged and thanked the two women who threw the party.
She had so much fun that she kind of forgot to eat. So she had a bowl of buttered noodles before she went up to bed. I think she fell asleep before I went downstairs.
1 comment:
I am so glad there is an Anna in the world. She makes my heart smile.
Post a Comment