I should be forced to be down more often. Relieved of any housework or errands today, I've been freed to take a leisurely morning. This afternoon when Anna's at school I can do my schoolwork, which requires no physical activity, only clear thinking, which I have regained. Well, as much as is possible for me.
Anna and I indulged in a tea party this morning for breakfast. I pulled out the (tarnished- don't look too close) teapot and "chinese cups" (they are actually Johnson Bros., but this is Anna's way of saying "china"). Of course we couldn't just be Anna and Mom having breakfast, we had to be Felicity and Miss Manderly.
There's a reason why the Sabbath is urged, and I think it's so that we take these days. Instead of making true days of rest a routine part of my life, only minor surgeries and illnesses make me feel truly able to let go of the "stuff I've gotta get done." I've not figured out how to work real Sabbaths in. For now, I'll enjoy my free pass today.
1 comment:
Gosh...if I could find a way to insert a real Sabbath..I don't know what I would do! I will say that your posts about tea make me write that on my itinerary for the next time we hang out. I am now in the market for a great tea set.
Post a Comment