Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Next Phase Upon Us

New pair of New Balance running shoes.  Check.  Dri-fit clothes. Check.  Sleepless night before the big day.  Check.

Not me.  Molly.  Molly officially started her track season yesterday.  The new shoes are muddy.  The new clothes are muddy.  She's a little sore.  She does it again today, and tomorrow, etc.

When she runs out of the house to catch the bus, her tiny shoulders are burdened like a pack mule with gym bag, school bag, violin, and lunch.  She babysat her sister last evening when Jeff and I had conflicting commitments.  Her dad is helping her with math that I would have to reach far back into the recesses of my mind to access.

I almost handed her a mug of coffee this morning when I handed Jeff his.  She seemed that grown up.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow. That's about all I can say. Wow.

Kristy said...

Aw, Molly! Track! I'm excited for her. She'll be great!

The MessyBlessyMomma said...

YAY for Molly! So grown up. Wasn't she just 5?

Carly said...

awwwww... really all grown up? sooo sweet :) I'm so proud of her!!!