Anna is trying to read everything. The other day on the bus a sign on the wall caught her eye and she asked me to read it. A bit distracted, I read aloud, "From December 15 until December 26 if Santa is driving your bus, your ride is free."
"Santa might drive our bus?" she asked, eyes wide with concern. Anna, you must know, goes to great lengths to avoid Santa. It matters not if it is the alive mall Santa or big lifelike Santa figurines. She loves the idea of Santa, but doesn't want him up close and personal. So I dropped the subject of Santa on the bus and thought the matter was forgotten.
Today when the bus came to our stop downtown we were thrilled because the bus was a bit late and it was cold. I look up, and guess who's driving our bus? Full garb, just like the one at the mall - oh-oh. I glanced at Anna and said cheerfully, "Look who's driving our bus!" Anna's mouth fell open and she hopped on with a big grin exclaiming, "Santa's driving our bus! We get to ride for FREE!" Happy about a good deal - after my own heart. I was excited too - especially since I didn't have exact change and would've had to pay more.
I wish I had a picture - Jeff will hardly believe this. But I don't. Instead here's a picture of Molly and Anna Friday night - Molly in her concert uniform, Anna in the Christmas Eve dress I bribed her to "act like a lady" with. Santa-like dresses are ok too.
No comments:
Post a Comment