Discontentment is such a common orientation that I don't even recognize its pervasiveness in my entire life. Even in things that are non-material. For instance, everyone is having adorable babies. Oh - I want one too! And I don't consider the unique circumstances of my life and why that may not be the best idea or even possible. We're not all supposed to have the same stuff, the same character traits, the same families or even the same wishes and dreams. I get caught up and forget that maybe God has a hand in life, and has something in mind for me to do or be.
We assign discontentment to children. They want a bunch of presents. They can't handle it when they don't get what they want. Jeff insisted to me that we only needed to get Anna one birthday present. I thought this was a terrible idea and that she would feel ripped off. No. She was thrilled, plays with the present nonstop, and never said a word about getting only one present. (Yes, once again, Jeff proves to be the wiser parent.) Like little children we'll enter the kingdom...
This is what happens when I don't have papers to write. Should I try not to post anything but pictures until January?
1 comment:
I loved this post. Thanks for it!
Post a Comment