Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mama's Bragging Rights

     This morning, Anna and I attended an Author's Tea hosted by Molly's class.  The kids read the stories they wrote, we wrote encouraging comments on notecards (or our name and every word we can spell on erasable whiteboard, in Anna's case), and had refreshments.  Molly wrote a great fantasy piece and I was, of course, very proud.  
     When we were running errands this morning, Anna begged me to go sledding.  I thought, "Why not?" So after lunch we bundled up and headed to the sledding hill behind Frandor, the more dangerous of the 2 sledding hills we frequent, because the other one is at a school, and school is in session. At first, I had Anna going down the tamer back side of the hill with me.  Then we graduated to the super steep and crazy front side of the hill.  She loved it - even when we had some spills and she got a little smooshed.  She wanted to attempt it alone, and I let her go down the tamer side without me.  The crazy side needs control.  She never complained or cried once, even when she totally crashed into the woods on a solo launch.  It was so fun and she was such a trooper.  I thought about bringing the camera, but decided against it since it was just her and I and the camera would have to ride with me.  Jeff couldn't be talked out of work.  
     I think my kids are great!

No comments: