Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Not Quite Resolution

In general, I love living in Michigan. I like lots of things about our lives right now.

It has been blissful, however, to shelve reality for a few weeks and hang out with friends and family and not worry about school or schedules. We celebrated New Year's with 3 families who remind us that old friends are one of life's greatest gifts.

New Year's resolutions seem shallow and doomed, so why do I feel the need to make them? I'm a sucker for second chances? Love do-overs? Anyway, I'm hoping that in 2009 I'll do a better job of being a friend, stay in better contact with people who are important to me, and take time to remember that relationships should be a higher priority than my to-do list.

Happy New Year, and thanks for caring about me and my family. All the best to you in 2009!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I, for one, don't think your friendship leaves anything to be desired! We loved seeing you all!

thelarsenfamily said...

Just caught up on your blog. Sorry we missed you guys. Hopefully we can see you soon. I love reading all of your posts. Happy New Year