We have been eating well since we've settled here a bit. And not eating out much. Part of the reason why is that Central New York has a bounty of produce with all the farm land around. Tonight we had great corn and peaches we obtained from a farm stand on our way home from the park we visited, blueberries from our blueberry picking outing, and "salt potatoes," which are a Syracuse thing. They are new potatoes with thin skins, kind of like little Yukon Golds, boiled in SUPER salty water, then eaten with melted butter. Sounds weird - actually very good. I made up some potato salad after dinner with the leftovers and oh my goodness - I may never go back! I love getting produce so fresh and tasty. Overeating blueberries doesn't seem so bad. Overeating blueberry pie, however, is a whole other story. Just a few pics of the girls picking our blueberry bounty:
No comments:
Post a Comment