Thursday, August 27, 2009

Game Face Back ON!


Shake it off!  Back to learning to love Syracuse.  My new project:  to find a wonderful, responsible young lady who babysits.  October 6 Khaled Housseini is coming to Syracuse to lecture.  I will be there.  I have not-so-subtly let Jeff know this would be a splendid opportunity to get my "birthday shopping" done - listen to Khaled, go for a late dinner at one of the swank restaurants in Armory Square... 

Also, I have decided to hang in there with all classes.  No dropping.  

Here are some pics of an outing with the girls today.  We went to Onondaga Lake Park.
It was a beautiful day - 70, no humidity, blue skies.  My crazy kids.
This park is sort of our Lake Lansing replacement, only further away from us.
It has a great playground, boat rentals, a recreational track, skate park, restaurants, picnic area, game rental, etc.  It's much bigger than Lake Lansing South - both the lake and the park.  But, no swimming beach.  No swimming in Onondaga Lake.
This is the bike cart thing we rented. They have even bigger ones for more people, and they are quite popular at the park. Goofy as it looks, it really was a lot of fun for all of us.  We took it out for an hour and it wasn't too tiring for Moll or too boring for Nan.  Didn't bring our bikes: I was a little puzzled as to how to secure the bike rack to the Subaru, and knowing me, bikes might have been all over the highway... That and the bike pump is broken, and after a ride last night, Moll and I discovered we really need a new one.  Tonight, no babysitter for the work gathering Jeff has tonight, so the girls and I have our movie, pizza, root beer and sundae fixin's!  Tonight it's a real party!:)

No comments: