My cousin got married this weekend. My little cousin who Jeff used to give piggy-back rides to and I would take on outings. The cousin who was one of my flower girls. She's all grown-up and beautiful and married now.
Her wedding was lovely. Just perfect. But besides just the pure loveliness of such a wedding, I love other things about weddings.
I love how they make me remember things about my own wedding I forgot. Like the way my husband looked at me when we said our vows. That thrilled feeling when the car is driving away that I'm starting the rest of my life with this wonderful person. Weddings remind me how happy I am that I married Jeff and would do it all over again.
Weddings in my family give me an opportunity to see all my family members I don't often get to see. Now that I'm in NY, even more precious. It makes me remember how much I love my aunts and uncles and cousins. It makes me keenly aware and grateful that I'm forever an irreplaceable part of a tight-knit trio of sisters. I get to spend time with my grandparents and nephews, something I cherish. We get extra visiting time with our parents, though they can never have enough visiting time with our girls. Maybe it's the recent move or maybe it's getting older, but I think I appreciate more the privilege of belonging to an extended family.
I should totally have posted pictures, but I haven't had a chance to snag Moll's camera and download them to my computer. See previous post about busyness. No, stay here and think happy wedding thoughts. It's much nicer.
3 comments:
Which one of your cousins got married? Jennifer? How are your cousins Missy and, wow, can't remember Missy's sister's name. Are they still in the Chicago area?
Rebekah - Candee's 4th. Not Jennifer yet - she's in college. Missy is in Miami, married with 2 kids. Katie is back in the Chicago area after getting married and living in Ireland. My uncle is in the same house, although my Aunt Karen passed away 6 years ago.
I agree about the wedding stuff, Tiffy! I loved it this weekend. Such a great time. We love you! We'll be praying for you with school; hang in there!
Post a Comment