At 6:30am I made coffee and began reading a chapter for class. Then I read an article. Then I listened to a lecture. Then I wrote a 2 page assignment. Then I posted it. (Yes, that's a separate thing. WSU switched from Blackboard to ANGEL and it's not so smooth yet.) By this time, I had spent 4 hours on one class. When I looked at the syllabus, this was a light week for this class. I have 3 other classes. All this to say I have a full-time undertaking and part-time childcare. Well, I will eventually have childcare. Until September 18 I do not. I have no friends to call in a favor with. I have no grandmas around to swoop up the girls on a fun outing. Daddy is pretty overwhelmed himself. I have a house and yard that look bigger by the hour. A new puppy looms on the horizon. The PTA came knocking.
That was some griping, but here's the serious question: do I just hang on and do this full load thing and kind of neglect my housekeeping and possibly some mothering duties, or do I drop a class and still kind of neglect my other duties and drag this all out longer. If I drop, I loose scholarships. No scholarships for part-time. I have until Friday to drop with no penalty. It's plaguing me, this choice.
But now I need to go hang out with my kids and clean-up the damage to the house. That much I know...
2 comments:
Arg! How do you like ANGEL? I use both systems at different colleges. Bb is more user friendly to me, but nothing beats ANGEL's email system. The grade book is easier to deal with too.
I though Bb was more user friendly too. Jeff said the same about ANGEL - Syracuse actually uses Bb so he's a little nervous about the switch. Although the Learning Communications guy told us tonight that Bb just bought ANGEL. Let's hope it will be the best of both worlds...
Post a Comment