Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Best Present EVER!

"This is the most awesome day of my life! A snow day, on my birthday!" quote from my just-today-6-yr-old.

That's considerably more than yesterday's post - the tippy top of the deck railings are barely showing. Apparently it takes just about 3 ft of snow (and it's still falling, 5 more inches expected today) to cancel school here.

Southern Ohioans, I wish I could transport you here to witness the low-key coverage of snow that has consecutively been falling for at least 36 hours. Still no breaking into regularly scheduled programming. People just now think maybe they should stay in and not drive. Though the road actually looks clearer than I thought it would. My kids were out there before 8 am.


Happy Birthday Anna - I'm a little concerned about how we're going to take you out for breakfast as planned, however.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Zach is SO jealous of all your snow. We don't even have a dusting. : (

Kristy said...

I am SOOO jealous! And also, D.C. would have had 24 hour coverage on all major stations!

Amanda said...

Don't you miss those obnoxious "weather emergency" bulletins? :)