I love blog comments. I do. It allows me to have conversations with interesting people who mean a lot to me and who (most likely) live far away. Love 'em. Keep 'em coming. More! More!
I hate doing stuff like this - it's really hard for me. Deep breath....
From now on, will my dear blog readers please comment on the blog only on the blog (or e-mail, or phone, or handwritten letter)? Just not on Facebook.
This blog is not something I advertise on my Facebook page because I pour my heart and soul and life experiences out in this space. Facebook gets fleeting comments that are definitely not of the asterisked variety. Facebook can't handle it maturely. Not like you awesome blog readers.
The reason for this post: I have gotten some friend requests from New American friends. Obviously, this blog is one space where I work out issues that come up in my association with IFW. While I make stories as anonymous as possible on the blog, anyone involved with the Center for New Americans might be able to recognize people and situations I refer to. Which might make things awkward if they spot a random comment on Facebook. I'm probably being overly cautious, but I always want to be respectful. Intercultural relationships are hard work for all parties involved, and the last thing I want to do is offend anyone. I know you understand. That's why I don't want to stop using this as a space to talk about things like learning cultural competence.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Isn't that obnoxious? Sorry - I couldn't resist:)
With total sincerity, thank you. Thank you for reading, thank you for understanding!
2 comments:
I absolutely understand. And this is a service to the people you serve, so don't feel guilty for asking us to keep it confidential. It's the same thing I have to do with my job, quite often. Love you!
I love that sentence. (the "thank you in advance" one.) I wish I had a written record of all the times I've used it in my life. Love that you included it.
Oh, and, as for the serious request (a.k.a. the real reason for the post), you got it.
Post a Comment