Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fetching the Tree 2010

It's like a Christmas card around here. This tree farm is tucked into some lovely valleys.

I think this is our tree. There was a lot of mind changing. It mostly had to do with Molly not wanting any tree Anna picked out and Anna not wanting any tree Molly picked out. Jeff picked the one we got. Problem solved.

Can't you just feel the holiday cheer?

What a trooper. Bad back and all, he cut this tree down. It is now thawing in our garage. In the winter, I am often deeply thankful for that garage.

I love that it looks "like Christmas". (A subjective statement, I know). This morning, running with Sharon as the snow was accumulating, temp about 28 degrees, I was thoroughly enjoying myself. Call me crazy, but I know that I am a Northerner through and through. I love watching the snow pile up on the pines in back of my house, smelling the soup simmering, sipping hot cocoa. I need seasons like I need fresh air and water, winter with snow included.

No comments: