Molly woke up at 6:30 a.m. with a stomach bug. It could be a bad combo of too little sleep, too much junk food, and nerves. But she's home.
So am I. Monday is the day I have been going to the Center for New Americans. It isn't ideal because the kids have a number of Mondays off this semester which prevents me from going in. Jeff also has a few out of town trips which keep me from going in. I feel as if I'm not a very good volunteer at the moment. I guess volunteer is the key word. Jeff asked if he should take the whole day off today, and I responded that he should go fulfill the responsibilities of the job that puts our food on the table.
The upside of this homebound day is that I was too busy this week. Overbooked, and nervous about how all my school work was going to get done. Now I have this afternoon.
Maybe this sick day is a blessing in disguise. For me. It's not for poor Moll, the one who is actually sick. Nor for Anna, who strongly feels that Molly is more lucky than deserved to be staying home from school.
2 comments:
I really believe that God knows what we need before we do. I think he knew you needed this time. I am sorry it came in the form of Molly being sick. This weekend I sold a stroller to a woman with an Anna, pregnant with a Molly, and a husband who did Iron Man Races. She was natural and beautiful like you and it was like seeing an old friend! Thinking of you. Chin up..YOU VOLUNTEER that is MORE than I can say for myself!
i understand your disappointment. praying for a speedy recovery and 'back to the norm' for you. <3
Post a Comment