Things have been going really well. School: handling the last semester of course work pretty well. Anna's not doing too terrible. Jeff is getting a journal article published. Molly is making honor roll and prestigious violin ensembles. My internship possibilities are turning out to be endless and I'll have a difficult time choosing. I've been braving a new adventure or two. And our church has been more than a Godsend. It has been such a great thing for our entire family, in so many ways.
This morning I received an e-mail that is basically proof of the existence of the devil. Our pastor got assigned to a new church; he's leaving this summer. Please don't tell me this is God's will. I'm very aware of the "you never know what fantastic things are around the corner" bit.
A pastor is a driving force behind the atmosphere of a church. He influences not only the sermons, but also the ministries, vision, etc. Everything could change.
I like being part of a United Methodist church. But this is one part, I don't like AT ALL. This bishop and council being able to arbitrarily send a beloved pastor away from his congregation of 20 years part - boo hiss. Seriously, what right do they have? He didn't want this. We didn't want this. The church is dynamic and growing. I shake my fist at you, United Methodist governing body. How can you say what's best for us? We were doing fine on our own without your almighty interference. You are full of crap.
Perhaps this post is a bad idea as things are fresh and raw and I have a topic proposal due that I should be working on, and I already posted here today. Jeff said he's having trouble concentrating as well. Really, for two people who just made it through a faith valley to be productive and active church members again, this is a low blow. Yes, God's hand may be in this, but at the moment it feels like a satanic spanking.
4 comments:
Full of crap, indeed. I'm so sorry. It's a terrible feeling to lose someone important to you.
I'm so sorry. I know this is a total bummer.
I am probably going to put this in my blog, so you may read it later but do you ever wish God would just take the devil aside and say, "You know that Tashmica...not that big of a threat *shrug*. I mean, she's not the Pope. How much damage could she really do. Give her a break."
Just insert the names Tiffany or Jeff. :)
With a bit of time to process, I'm not quite as angry. Still apprehensive and sad, but there are a lot of great people at our church. And Jeff and I were discussing that the upside to the bishop shuffling pastors is that you don't have the megalomaniac pastor problem.
Post a Comment