Well, we ended up at TGIFriday's last night because Anna had a hankerin' for ribs instead. (And we have Dinosaur Barbeque, you know, the place all the Food Network guys like Guy Fieri and the one from Man vs. Food highlight?) The girls and I drove out to meet Jeff since he's most of the way there already from his office. We split up to drive home, Molly opted to go with me (and to the grocery) and Anna with Dad.
Friday's is in a mall and we couldn't help but notice the long lines signaling the debut of JB's new movie. My husband has gotten a lot of mileage on a joke that involves comparing my 12 year old nephew Collin and Justin Bieber, one that included getting Collin's little brother Brayden to decide to holler "Great catch, Bieber!" and the like at Collin's baseball games. So we were devising a plan to make it look like Uncle Jeff was in line for the movie all by himself and send a picture to Collin with a text like "Since Uncle Jeff misses you, he decided the next best thing was to go see this movie. " (Ultimately, Jeff was too cheap to pay for the joke, as we don't have a texting plan).
Anna confided in Jeff on their journey home that she likes Justin Bieber, even though everyone else in her family doesn't. "Even though he sounds like a girl, I think he sings really good," she told him. Jeff assured her it was ok, she could like whoever she wanted to, and by the way, did she know any Justin Bieber songs?
They went on to discuss all of Anna's favorite musicians, and the list was so eclectic and funny I had to save it. Anna's favorites:
Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, The Beatles, Amy Grant, Lady Gaga, and KT Tunstall.
5 comments:
Anna, we live in the foothills of the mountains that stretch up to your home. I think we must MEET up this spring for a Hike. Really. The Water Gap is calling you...and I am too, you and Miss Simone are still alike. I love reading your stories! Way to go. Hope you enjoyed your ribs!
One of the valentine's Owen got was a "mixed tape," of course, in cd form. I'm not sure if the little girl picked out all the songs on it or not, but this post made me think. Wouldn't it be an amazing kind of scrapbook to let kids make a mixed cd of their favorite songs every year? They'd look back and laugh and laugh. If they'll even be able to play cds when they're adults. I'm sure they'll be obsolete. Anna's 2011 mixed cd would be fun to listen to! :)
Owen's getting "mix tapes" already?! There wasn't any Journey on it, was there?
I don't think there was Journey on it, but we didn't get to the end yet. Honestly, if this little gal picked out all these songs, we'd probably be OK with her and Owen ending up together. :) Brian thought it was really funny to say things like, "Owen got a mixed tape!!" and "Who are this girl's parents?!" I'm pretty sure everyone in the class got one. Though I don't know for sure. Owen's teacher did say the girls are crazy about him. Because he's quiet. (What?! My kid is not quiet.)
Amanda, I love that idea! What a great way to remember them, by song!
It's on my list to make them a mixed tape of my own and I think I will do it for Valentine's Day. I have some left over iTunes money.....<3
Post a Comment