Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dinner for One

This is a nice dinner I made last night.  Pork Marsala, buttered noodles. and a tomato mozz salad. 

For myself.

That was not planned.  Jeff called in the afternoon and said he was playing a softball game for the work league (in 97 degree heat!) Molly begged to go swimming at a friends and eat dinner there.  She had an audition downtown later too. The pork was going to go bad if I did not fix it, though. 

So that left Anna and I eating a nice dinner together. Except that Anna did not like the pork, was not a fan of the salad, and pretty much ate buttered noodles.

A snapshot for the future me: these are the days that when I finally have time to make a fussy dinner and my family has the time to sit and eat it together ... we still don't. 

No comments: