Monday, August 4, 2008

Last one to know

A day that starts out burning your leg with spilled coffee while you're playing with your daughter has a certain foreshadowing. But it's Monday, and the Supermom cape summons! So I attempted to eat breakfast...tasted gross, abandoned that. On to workout. Yesterday was a long run, today nice yoga workout - except it was really hard. Hmmm, must be out of shape having not done along run last week. The kids don't want to run errands this morning, hard time getting them going. Pick up the house instead and make mysteriously little progress. No energy - hungry? After taking a phone call from my friend, fix lunch. It tastes fine, but isn't sitting well. Weird. Take care of some stuff with WSU. (Side note- starting classes in the fall. Way too knowledgeable Molly is slowly leaking the news so you may as well know too. Kind of pathetic that this is the 3rd go around, so it's not something i'm all jazzed about sharing so I'm burying it in the middle of this e-mail and perhaps we don't have to talk about it.) The kids are fighting nonstop. They aren't listening at all and I'm feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. Talk to Jeff and tell him the kids are driving me crazy and I can't imagine how I'm going to make it through the next few hours and wish he didn't have a late meeting. I'm irritated by the long pause and then chipper, 'Well, hang in there, honey!" Finally get around to the errands. My head is spinning, a headache looming. Trudge through the errands. Actually went to WAL-MART because it was so much closer, I couldn't stand the idea of driving far and figured that even though they were totally misbehaving they wouldn't be the worst kids in the store if I went there. Super dizzy and achy by the time I stumble in the door. Dinner plans turn into cereal and leftovers. The kids are left to duke it out on their own.
Molly: "Mom, she said she wanted me to DIE!"
me: "Please leave me alone."
Molly: "But Mom, isn't that bad that she said that?"
Anna: "But I wanted to be the American Idol.''
me: "Do you know what an American Idol is?"
Anna: "No, what is it , mom?"
me: "it's a winner of a singing competition."
Anna: "Yeah, I want to be that and she said I wasn't cool."
me:"I really don't want to hear about it."
Anna: "Are you sick, Mommy?"
Molly: "yeah, Mom..."
Me: "well, I'm not feeling good."
Bathed Anna, put her in bed. Didn't have the energy to get up. Laid on her bed with her. Jeff comes in. Kisses Anna, gives me a hand to get up and says, "Yikes, Tiff - you're burning up! Do you have a fever?" Turns out that yes, I do. Jeff, relieved probably that illness and not a breakdown was the culprit of my afternoon complaining sweetly took over the rest of the evening. Guess Mom is used to everyone else getting sick and it doesn't register right away when it's her. Glad I grabbed that bottle of Tylenol off the shelf today...

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Hi! I love reading your stories. The boyfriend one was super funny!

I hope you are feeling better!