Monday, August 25, 2008

What have I gotten myself into?!

So my classes started today. 3 of them, 3 semester credit hours each. I've handled a bigger load than that, right? But here's the problem:

1. technologically challenged people should not be taking online courses. Especially dumb : starting class on a night when one's technologically competent husband is off at a fantasy football draft party.

2. the first time around, no kids, no hubby. the second time around, hubby and Molly. Third time around Anna. Enough said, probably. But to add on, Molly is now involved in 3-4 activites and has homework.

3. older. as in, needing more cups of coffee in the morning to get my brain kickstarted and needing more sleep at night to recover.

4. i'm not the most social person in the world. especially not in an online kind of way. (you know, like it took me this long to have my own blog). I'm supposed to be posting left and right with 75 people right now. I get on the discussion boards and there are no less than 20 posts on each from my fellow students introducing themselves "Hi, I'm so and so from such and such let's get to know each other." Whatever. Post your essay, let me critique you and let's cut the chit chat - i've got laundry to do.

Ok, the Anthropology class is right up my alley. Reading super interesting ethnographies. World Civ, not so bad. Math - yuck!

Third time's a charm, right

No comments: