
It was a beautiful weekend. The kind where you want to spend every minute outside. The trees are changing and the sky is that clear fall blue. I had 2 big papers due Sunday. Thankfully I finished by Saturday afternoon and could hang out with my family. Yesterday we went hiking in a state park we had never been to (where the pictures were shot). That's a great thing about Michigan - LOTS of nice state parks. Jeff was so wonderful to me for my birthday this year - part of his gift was me getting to go to the local running store and get fitted for new shoes! It was such a beautiful morning and my shoes felt so good - nothing hurt! I just ran and ran and ran. But today my shins REALLY hurt! We went out to eat at a nice sit down restaurant (extravagance for this family of students! very worth it...). This morning we biked to church (yay for Molly!) and went apple picking and on a hayride. Even watched a football game without guilt. And thankfully it was one of the good ones - Dallas and Arizona. We are very fly by the seat of our pants, I know. But some of the best times in our family are the ones that just happen upon us.

No comments:
Post a Comment